SEASONS OF CHANGE | Literally, in Arkansas from rainy spring to hot & humid SUMMER!
But also, life changes…. how do you roll or flow with change…? Or a lack of desired change? Renee Gebhart, LCSW, MSW, Therapist & Life Coach, guides us through the excitement of spring and summer commitments.
Late spring/early summer brings ALL the events…. formals, graduations, weddings. Events and trips are plotted & planned. Singles are more likely to mingle. Hope & excitement abound for summertime.
And… it can also trigger “regular” anxiety/stress as well as “extra-special” post-Covid anxiety about socializing:
- Do I have what I need?
- Am I where I need to be?
- How can I make it all happen? Do I want to make it all happen?
- How am I doing compared to others? Compared to me (last month, last year)?
I hope you are anticipating positive events & experiences this summer! Either way here are suggestions for navigating change (especially if you feel stress/anxiety/overwhelm):
- Notice your thoughts & feelings with curiosity, not judgment.
- Acknowledge and allow. Avoid resistance; roll with it.
- Do the next “right” thing. Chunk it down. Do what’s next.
- Find areas you can exercise control over. You can choose to tidy your space, practice self-care, or research your travel plans. What can you do in this present moment that is within your control and power?
- Find outlets to create & express yourself. For me, it’s gardening. Nature literally “grounds” me and I enjoy seeing my efforts literally bloom.
- Embrace where you are. Even in worst-case scenarios, blessings exist. Do you see them?
- Imagine your future self. What qualities, conditions, experiences do you see? How can you cultivate those qualities now?
There are challenges and rewards with each stage of life & season of change. Some seasons move faster than others and some are easier or more challenging.
You are welcome to reach out for support to:
- “feel & heal”
- grow your “purpose & power”
- align your inner & outer worlds
- connect your mind, heart, body, & spirit
What I want for you is to Be You, Do You, and Live your Best Life as your Best Self, no matter the season of the year or your life.
From my heart to yours,
ABOUT THE AUTHOR | Renee loves people's stories & would love to know yours. Helping clients feel better about themselves, their relationships, and their work makes her happy. As a LCSW, Renee has provided individual, couple, and family counseling, given presentations, & was an Assistant Professor of Social Work at UAFS. Renee currently provides coaching & therapy.
FOLLOW Renee on INSTRAGRAM here.
FOLLOW Renee on FACEBOOK here.
FOLLOW Renee on YOU TUBE here.
FOLLOW Renee on LINKED IN here.